Legal Question in Consumer Law in Virginia

My brother bought a used 2011 Nissan pathfinder about six months ago. He has one child, and is getting ready to have twins so he started shopping around for a new car. While he was doing that he researched the history of the pathfinder. They have the title of the car listed as a luxury car when he bought it and got the loan from the bank,but through his researching he discovered that the Nissan had a salvaged title and they lied on the title so it wouldn't be listed as salvaged. Can you tell me what his rights and opens are? I'm sure the bank wouldn't be too happy about it if they found out! Any information would be greatly appreciated. We live in Lynchburg Virginia.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Your brother should first determine what his damages may be deriving from

this transaction, i.e., the difference between what he paid for this vehicle (including any inflated interest he may have paid for the bank loan on a luxury vehicle) and its fair market value as one with a salvaged title and then schedule a

consultation with an attorney who handles consumer affairs matters to

discuss the possibility of suing the seller for fraud/misrepresentation and

any other alleged violations that might be appropriate under the Virginia Consumer Protection Act.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Virginia

Consumer Law Legal Forms