Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Virginia

I was just terminated from my job about a month ago. To be upfront, I put in time for a day I did not come in. Now, my problem is, the guy (my co-worker) that went to the supervisor with this information did this because he was upset with me, and to make it a little interesting, he did this a month and a half after the underlined incident took place. Which brings the fact about that he knew what I had done, and did not tell it because we were friends. They terminated me, and nothing happened to him. Now, had he went to the supervisor voluntarily with this information, I could accept them letting me go, and doing nothing to him, but this is not the case. As I explained to my supervisor, had he not gotten upset with me, he would have never said anything, and I'd still have my job. Therefore, I feel like my coworker was just as guilty as I was, because he was an accessory to this incident. He's white, I'm black. The person that terminated me was the guy that that got my coworker the job. There's so much more to this, it's ridiculous. It's not about money, it's just that I know that I was done wrong. Do I have a case based on the little information provided above?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

No, unfortunately, not one that you could win on these facts (in my opinion).

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Virginia