Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I was arrested for battery and abuse on my husband. Can he use this against me to gain full custody of our child? I am a single mom who has been continually harrased by my ex...i never called the cops on him even after our previous court dates with fear that he would turn things around and get me into further into trouble with the law...he has been let off the ropes quite easily when i did call the cops on him. Yet this is the second time i get arrested...i need help and guidance to someone who knows exactly what he is doing. I know knowledge is power so i am asking for any references. Please help.

Asked on 10/17/11, 4:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unlikely (that your arrest for assault & battery against your husband) would

be a basis for a material change in custody (in my opinion).

Your best move now would be to hire a competent criminal defense counsel

(if you haven't already done so) who can represent you on this charge and further advise and guide you on your situation as a whole which has led

to this second arrest.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/11, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now