Virginia  |  Family Law

Nonbiological fathers visitation rights.

Testing confirms that my ex is not my 5 yr old daughters biological father. Recently, a test was performed by the other man, who was determined to be the biological father. My ex has been financially deadbeat father, who though has visits with her, does not maintained regular visits with her, with the exception of the past few months. The bond is of a friend and not father/daughter, however, since finding out he is not the bio dad, wants court ordered visitation rights anyway and wants to argue that there is a bond, I'm sure. Biological father is ready and willing to take on the responsibility of dad both financially and emotionally. He fears any continued contact with the non-bio, will result in difficutly with him bonding.

What kind of rights does a nonbiological father have pertaining to visitation, when the biological father is ready and willing to be in the childs life emotionally and financially?