Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Even though my wife has asked me to move out of the house, by dong so will she able to contend that I deserted or abandoned her?

Asked on 1/30/12, 10:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul B. Ward Law Offices of Paul B. Ward
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you can prove she requested you to move, it would not be abandonment; but there are other factors -- if there are minor kids, your moving might prejudice your custody chances.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/12, 11:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now