Legal Question in Employment Law in Virginia

I work for the federal government. My boss tends to swear a lot. Over the past few months he has started swearing at me. During one event it was in a room full of other managers. He has threatened me recently with a bad review if I take leave that was planned 3 months ago and he has refused to approve or disapprove the leave. I have reported the behavior to his boss only to be told that the higher boss approved the threats and that he thinks I am lying. The higher has go so far to state that while my boss did swear at me it was not using the words that I stated to HR and that I would be given a written warning regarding making false accusations. I feel that this is a hostile work environment and my boss is now fee to take retribution. IS this harassment/ violence in the work place should I seek EEO or a lawyer? Thank you for any feed back you can provide me.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

No, the kind of "harassment" and hostile work environment which you've described are not actionable under federal anti-discrimination laws as far as I am aware.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Virginia

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms