Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Virginia

My daughters Doctor referred wanted us to get a sleep study done. So today we went, and before the consultation appointment the Medical assistant noticed a note. The note was in my daughters paperwork and it was from her Doctor stating that he thinks my daughter's mother has Munchhasuen Syndrome. This is a very serious thing and it made me and her mother very upset to think he thinks that of her. The medical office said that they were not supposed to tell us of this note but thought we should know. We are very involved in our kids medical care, but for him to try and sabotage us by telling other doctor that I feel that its very wrong. Is there anything legally We can do about this.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

No, I don't think so; your daughter's doctor would appear to be sharing his opinion with the referral doctor on a medical matter which might conceivably have some bearing on the sleep study or other matters related to it.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Virginia