Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Virginia

I was just terminated from an entire medical practice via a letter in the mail for "noncompliance." After my annual check up with my ob gyn in jan/feb. this year, the doctor I saw suggested another test at a later date. His nurses called twice the next week and sent a letter to remind me to schedule, but I was insanely busy and forgot. Then 4 months later, I all of the sudden get a letter of termination not just from the doctor, but all the doctors in a major medical practice. This seems like patient abandonment to me. All I did was fail to return a phone call; how does that reasonably constitute noncompliance? Other patient cancel multiple appointments, curse and act horrible to doctors all the time and don't get terminated. I simply didn't schedule an appointment and I suddenly get dropped 4 months later? This is wrong and unethical.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Yes, "wrong and unethical", perhaps, in your view, but not at all illegal in

mine.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Virginia