Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Virginia

I was just terminated from an entire medical practice via a letter in the mail for "noncompliance." After my annual check up with my ob gyn in jan/feb. this year, the doctor I saw suggested another test at a later date. His nurses called twice the next week and sent a letter to remind me to schedule, but I was insanely busy and forgot. Then 4 months later, I all of the sudden get a letter of termination not just from the doctor, but all the doctors in a major medical practice. This seems like patient abandonment to me. All I did was fail to return a phone call; how does that reasonably constitute noncompliance? Other patient cancel multiple appointments, curse and act horrible to doctors all the time and don't get terminated. I simply didn't schedule an appointment and I suddenly get dropped 4 months later? This is wrong and unethical.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Yes, "wrong and unethical", perhaps, in your view, but not at all illegal in

mine.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Virginia

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA