Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

My brother with 44.5%, sister with 11% (no problem selling), and myself 44.5% own a parcel of land (inheritance) in Virginia that really would cost $$ to develop. It is mainly hunting land. My brother has kept the price of the land so high for 6 years that we have not had one call. Our realtor keeps telling us we need to lower the price but my brother won't. We owe the surveyor for 6 years also. He really doesn't want to sell. I really don't want to own this property with him any more!! Should I sue to partition the selling of the land? Please help as I am so done!!!!! The land is 7 hours from my house, and 14 hours from his. He is just ignoring me.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

You ask: "Should I sue to partition the selling of the land?" Only you can answer that, bearing in mind that a judicially ordered sale of this raw, undeveloped land would probably bring considerably less than even it's currently assessed value, considering the still largely slow economy, particularly in the rural areas of the Commonwealth.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia