Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/22/13, 3:15 am

If my mother has given someone lifetime rights to live in one of her houses, and that person goes behinds her back and makes another agreement with someone else to LEASE TO OWN the house within a certain amount of years (therefore selling my mothers house) with out my mothers knowledge or permission, is that grounds to legally terminate her contract with that person. So my mothers friend will no longer have rights to the house or anything about it?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/23/13, 7:11 am by Daniel Press

It depends on the terms of the document granting "lifetime rights." Your mother needs to consult with a lawyer to go over the documents and determine what her rights are.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Chung & Press, P.C. 6718 Whittier Ave., Suite 200 Mclean, VA 22101

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search