Virginia  |  Tax Law

I had my taxes done by Liberty Tax services. Somehow they messed up and submitted my direct deposit form and put the wrong bank account number. The IRS put it in the wrong account because that is what the form said. Now, Liberty Tax services admits to the mistake, and we know exactly where the money is. LIberty also told me that by law the Bank was supposed to check the name on the direct deposit before accepting it, the Bank says that these deposits come through automatically and they cannot check it. It is in a bank account in Bank of America, and the IRS even did a trace to prove it. The IRS says that they cannot do a reversal, and to get the money from the bank. I have called the IRS more times than I can count, and they keep telling me that they cannot do it, and that after they did a trace to prove where the money is, it is not Bank of America's responsibility to move the money back.. The Bank says they cannot transfer it without being ordered to do so from the IRS. They said that they called the guy whose account it s in(as he could voluntarily give up the money) but his phone is not working. And even though they know it was a mistake, they said it is illegal for them to touch the money. Bank of America says to go back to Liberty Tax services, and that he IRS is wrong about BOA being responsible. I have been going back and forth between all of these guys and no one wants to help.

NO ONE will take responsibility. Who is responsible for getting me my money back? Please help me.