Legal Question in Business Law in Washington

We received a Judgement Summary (which included interest per annum on judgement) on 1-14-2010. We have not collected on this Judgement Summary as the Defendant is a Washington Corporation, who closed their corporation 12-31-09 (prior to Superior Court Judge signing the Judgement Summary). Do we have any recourse to collect these funds? any ideas?

Asked on 5/26/13, 10:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are too many variable to be able to even start to give an opinion or advise on collectibility. I would need to see the case file and then ask a number of questions of a person knowledgeable about the background to even know where to start.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/13, 8:52 am
Matthew Johnson Johnson Legal Group, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the corporation has already closed, then you cannot collecct from the corporation. However, if the judgment made any of the owners personally liable, then you may have the ability to collect from them.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 5:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now