Washington  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/23/13, 10:43 am

can you "withdrawl" a guilty plea after your differed sentance was revoked?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/23/13, 11:25 am by Stan Glisson

Probably not. If you are talking about the "deferred" sentence law, it allows the judge to defer sentence after conviction. RCW 3.66.067.

So, if the deferred is revoked, a conviction has already been entered, and likely cannot be withdrawn. The court rules do allow for withdrawl of a guilty plea, but only under pretty extraordinary circumstances, and almost never if the plea was more than 12 months ago.

You should probably talk to the lawyer who represented you, or another lawyer who practices in that court.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Glisson, Witt & Altman 400 Warren Avenue, Suite 415 Bremerton, WA 98337

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search