Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

In WA state, can a spouse be required to pay child support (after dissolution) for a child in which she only has joint guardianship as the child was never adopted? The child's biological parents have abandon the child.

Asked on 3/07/10, 8:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the court finds that the spouse is what is legally known as a "de facto parent," then yes, it is possible to award child support against this soon to be ex-spouse.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/10, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now