Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Washington

My roommates and I moved out of our house on December 1st as our landlord had asked us to. When we moved in we paid first/last/deposit. We paid our rent for November before we were told we were going to need to move out by December 1st. Our landlord told me she didn't have to give us our rent back, and we have asked her countless times. She finally took down our new address and said she would mail it out but that was about 2 weeks ago and we have yet to receive our last month's rent back and I am wondering what I can do about this. I also have heard that in some states if you don't get you're money back within 20 days that you are entitled to twice the amount and I am wondering if that is the case here.

Thank you

P. Jayson Thibodaux Law Office of P. Jayson Thibodaux

I have blogged about the rules concerning this. Please see it at http://pjtlaw.com/2009/08/refundable-security-deposit/.

Good Luck

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Washington

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms