Washington  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/04/12, 12:29 am

I was born in Washington state. My mother came here to the US from the Philippines pregnant. I later was born. A friend of my family living here signed my birth certificate, gave his last name, and later married my mother to now being a us citizen. My mother remarried after the divorce when I was 1 year. I am now 25 years of age. The person who signed my birth cert. passed away when I was in California when I was 16 and no one notified my mother and I. So being curious to if I was was entitled to anything at all. I went to public records and purchased a certified copy of the last will and testament. To sum up the the will. It stated that he was married at one time to my mother and no child is involved at all. My name no where mentioned and he promised I was in part in the will to my mother. The will majority split up between his niece's and their kids. My biggest question is am I still entitled to anything or was I entitled to anything at all?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search