Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

can a step mother exclude step children in a new will, after the birth father dies, in Washington State ?

Asked on 2/02/13, 5:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Johnson Johnson Legal Group, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, almost every state as far as I know has permitted a step-mother to exclude the birth children of a former spouse However the full effectiveness would require a careful look at the father's will, to determine if any trusts or controls were put into place to limit the ability for the step mother to gift left assets.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/13, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now