Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in India

My partition appeal was decreed in my favour in high court but the aggrieved persons went to supremecourt and filed SLP Since caveat was not filed by me the honourable court ordered to issue notice to resolve the dispute by way of settlement indirectly accepting highcourt's verdict. Now I filed Counter Affidavit. Following this OP sent me letter to fix date,time to talk for amicable settlement but I replied that I am not ready for that and insisted for 1/4th share. Now the appeal is not posted for the past 6 months. Tentatively it is 08/01/2020 My query is: Supremecourt will defenitely reject SLP because OP became defaulters for settlement of consideration amount for releasing my right and there is proof for them which was submitted alongwith deposition of OP I want to know whether Court will insist me to go for Mediation Centre eventhough I am not willing for it or to reject SLP on basis of merits?

Asked on 12/14/19, 3:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

In family issues, Court will send you for mediation.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/19, 12:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in India