Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Hello sir,

I need to file a stay order on my inlaws they kicked me out of their home

Kindly guide me the jurisdiction where can i file injuction case to not to sell home.

1. At ahmedabad family court ( ahmedabad is my parents city where i m living right now


2. At bhavnagar family court ( My inlwas and husband r living at bhavnagar , their house is located at bhavangar city.

3) i dnt hv survey number of their house..i hv a light bill of my father in law. How can i find survey number. ?


Asked on 7/23/21, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

you may seek residence orders by filing a petition under Domestic Violence Act as your were thrown out of a matrimonial home being a shared household. You may file the same at Bhavnagar as the cause of action arose within jurisdiction of Bhavnagar courts. However, you may also file it in Ahmedabad.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/21, 1:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India