Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Hello Sir,

Please i need your help.

I am isabelle Fortuno, 42 yrs old and live in Mauritius ,my husband passed away since 12 yrs and i have a son Lucas 16 yrs old. After 6 yrs when my husband died i married another man.The issues is that my late husband Patrick construct a house on the first floor of his father house, with his permisson , i was married with him Under the legal Community of goods and property .Unfortunately my father in law passed away and my mother in law have the total property .My husband have 2 sisters and 1 brother , no contract has been made yet on this property .i mother in law told me she will give me 1 month to remove all my furnitures in the house as she want this house for her daughter to live in ,that i have no rights on this house as i have married another man, this house is hers as she is the only owner of the land

1.Did i have still right on this house and my son ?

2.Did she has the right on this house as it is my late husband who construct this house.

3.How can i protect this house for my son .

Kindly advise me , i know i am from Mauritius , i would like to have others opinions if possible.

thanks a lot for your help


Asked on 8/24/21, 10:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

as you are from Mauritius and the property is also situated there, it is better to consult a lawyer there. Lawyer there would advise you regarding your rights to reside in the shared household.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/21, 1:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India