Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

Hello and Greetings

This is with regards to my transactions in my saving account with icici bank which incidentally is non operative and closed since last 3 years

The Income Tax authorities very recently asked for details on few transaction for which when I reached the icici customer care/corporate team and the branch where I was operating the account failed to give me any details as to which account/bank the money was transfered (mmt).they revert saying since the account is closed would not have the details to any transactions made by bank mobile application.

I am so stuck unable to provide any evidence to the ITO that it was no income but simple honest money transfered.Pls advice.....urgently.

Asked on 12/10/18, 6:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeevesh Mehta Maven Legal LLP- Advocates & Consultants


For the time being you may show the correspondence with the bank to the ITO.

Other wise you need to send a detailed request to the bank and if it is still not available you may file the consumer complaint against the bank. They will produce all the details in the court.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/19, 12:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India