Legal Question in Criminal Law in United Kingdom

Dear sir/madam

Recently on a bus journey home from a night out, I was drunk and broke the back of a seat on purpose(ino sounds so stupid ) basically there were others involved however I do not know who, but my name was passed on to the bus driver, who expects me to pay 140 for the new back of the seat (steap price in my opinion) now considering that this is totally out of court, and I am a minor also. Do I have the right to see a receipt for the damage? And any other points would be helpful from you, thanks


Asked on 1/15/14, 4:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arent Lievens Advocates Lievens & Lievens

Dear James,

For any payment you make, you can demand (and it is your right) to have a receipt.

You can also demand to see the invoice for the repair, before you pay it.

But keeping it out of court is also important for your personal (criminal) record.

Kind regards,


Read more
Answered on 1/16/14, 10:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in United Kingdom