Legal Question in Family Law in India

Hi I want to apply for divorce. I was told that at the process of divorce i can apply for share in husbands property. It is not a mutual consent divorce and my husband lives abroad. I wanted to know if this is possible

Asked on 6/06/13, 5:26 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

dear client u cannot ask share in the property but can ask alimony from the husband. if u have any child u can ask share in the property for him. for proper discussion call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 5:28 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

you can seek residence orders but cannot take share as the law is not notified as yet. however, you can meet and the process of seeking legal remedies can be explained.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 8:32 am
Lovkesh Gupta Advocate And Lawyer In Jalandhar.

u have right to reside & u can claim maintenance bt at present u have no right in husbands property. u have to wait till notification of law.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/13, 9:35 am
shiv shakner saini saini law

there are so many issues to discuss it is better for you to meet a lawyer at your place where u want to file case. If need any help /advice may call on 09587744142

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 2:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India