Legal Question in Family Law in India

Hello Sir,

There is a problem in my sister life. Her marriage held in 2009, female baby born in 2011. After marriage my sister faced many problems with her husband, he suspects my sister even she talk with my parents. My sister is staying with her baby since baby born (2011 june) because he dont like female child and he started hating my sister also. In the month of May 2012 he sent a legal notice to my sister stating that he loves his child and wife but my sister is not going to him. We also sent notice to him stating all the facts starting from the date of the marriage. After that there is no legal communications took place. Moreover he is saying like this "if you want to file any case you can, i dont have any fear". I want to to one thing that till this june my sister baby completes 2 years, is there any such legal implications that if husband and wife stay separately for 2years at their parents house. He is saying that he has full legal support if he file the case. Please advise what we should do now to avoid any legal problems in my sister life if he take legal action.

Asked on 6/05/13, 10:39 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client yr sister can file case of dowry harassment against her husband and family members. as well as she can also file domestic violence case for mental harassment. she can even ask maintenance for her and baby. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 5:05 am

dear client...

you can file dv as well as 498 a for any query mail me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India