Legal Question in Family Law in India

Due to husbands domestic violence against me and 2 daughters i filed dv against him. I filed it in my home town. Later I moved to another city for children's education and medical treatment for me. So i applied Transfer of petition to my current residing area. Now my husband filed GWC and another case in my hometown, which is far from the city I am residing. Also responding to my TP husband asked for meditation. I filed the TP because of my health issues that i cannot travel long distances, no one is there to assist me etc. I am jobless and under my parent's maintenance now. Husband not providing any maintenance. Also he is legally trying to abuse me with multiple cases. He has money and influential. He hired a lawyer who charges 50,000 for a court hearing. What can i do in this situation?

Asked on 3/13/20, 4:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeevesh Mehta Maven Legal LLP- Advocates & Consultants


First of all your TP will be allowed for sure. Secondly apart from DV act , you have to file section 125 case as well from where ever you are residing right now.


Read more
Answered on 3/22/20, 10:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India