Legal Question in Family Law in Nigeria

My husband abuse me physically and I left him. We have a girl 6 and a boy 4.... I am a tutor and my salary is below 100k. Right now I want custody of my children cos I bliv I can't let them stay with that kind of man. He's financially okay and the kids love us equally........ Can I win the custody fight.....

Asked on 4/02/18, 2:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rotimi Ogunlade Rotimi Ogunlade & Associates

You did not state who the children are currently with, are they with him or with you? Custody is usually awarded based on the best interest of the children and other factors. If you can prove to the satisfaction of the court that you can take care of the children then the court can order your husband to pay maintenance while the children remain with you. For further assistance or clarification feel free to contact me via email to [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/02/18, 3:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nigeria