Legal Question in Family Law in India

If NRI husband fled away and parents also fled away but hiding somewhere in India and not appeared in court even to get them to the court? warrant is already issued but no appearance.

Asked on 5/14/13, 8:08 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group

Dear Client,

It is not clear from your question whether litigation is going on in India or abroad. In case you are also an NRI where exactly you are based i.e. the name of the country. In case you are based in India and there is a pending criminal case against your NRI husband or arrest warrant, you may contact the passport authorities and request for cancellation of his passport under Passport Act, 1967. If you are able to indicate the name of country, we may be able to assist you in locating him and deliver the summons for appearance. However, more details are required before we recommend any remedial action. Please feel free to contact me for any clarification or assistance via Law Guru.

Kind Regards,


Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 8:47 pm

dear client if they are hiding some where then u can ask the court to declare them abscond and size their property, bank account as well as passport. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 12:42 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

Following is not clear from your query:

1) What sort of litigation is going on - Civil or Criminal?

2) what you want divorce? Alimony? Child Custody? or something else.

Ask with clarity, to enable us to answer.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 6:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India