Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Child Custody

I became pregnant by a man that soon after went to jail. While he was in he refused to sign the birth certificate and also when he was released. He saw my child a few times then I have not seen him for nearly a year and a half (my daughter is almost 2) and he refuses to pay child support. My husband, who has raised her as his own since she was 2 weeks old, wants to adopt my child now, what do we need to do for the adoption and what rights does her biological father have? and if we proceed with the adoption can he show up 10 years later and change his mind? I dont even know how to contact her biological father, because my husband and I moved from Washington State to Alabama when my daughter was 9 months old. I dont even know where to file the case!

Asked on 1/07/07, 11:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison

Re: Child Custody

I can handle your case and there will be no problem with an adoption. I have been through these before and can assure you based on the information you have given to me.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/07, 4:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama