Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

I currently have a H1b, before gaining it i completed my OPT and before that entered the country with a F1 Visa. I am about to try and leave the country to go to mexico on a cruise, but have been told that i will not be able to re-enter the country without going to a US consulate and getting an entry visa is this true?

Asked on 8/27/09, 10:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Yes. It appears that you don't have a H1B VISA, but you are in H-1B status (if you changed status while in USA).

To reenter the USA, you will have to schedule a visa appointment at the US consulate abroad and obtain a visa.

Without a valid H1B visa in your passport, you will not be allowed back to USA.


Read more
Answered on 9/01/09, 12:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama