Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

Two nights ago my boyfriends cousin came into our house and attacked him with a lamp for unknown reasons in the middle of this fight she kicked our 3lb chihuahua three times , my boyfriend lost it and in protection of his dog he hit her, the cops were called yesterday because my boyfriends aunt wanted to document this so she can get her daughter committed, in the process she didnt know that she was going to allow them to build a case they have stated they need to speak with him or they will issue a warrant, My boyfriend is on probation already for drugs and he has failed several ua's and he is on thin ice he is afraid that calling them is incriminating to him and he is scared of prison and the charges. What should he do?

Asked on 1/16/21, 5:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Di Pietro Brian DiPietro Law, PLLC

It is never a good idea to speak with the police when one is a suspected of criminal activity without an attorney present. I always adivse against speaking with the police. This is especially true if one is on probation since any statement that may suggest criminal activity by a preponderance of the evidence could result in a probation violation.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/21, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona