Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I thought I was done paying child support and filed to stop paying. The children's mother filed a petition that there were arrears to be paid and there is now a court date set. Upon investigation, the mother is correct. I am happy to pay the arrears and be done with this without involving the court. How do I reverse my request to stop payments? There is money held in the clearinghouse that is due her. I'm not sure what paperwork to file.

Asked on 3/25/16, 11:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Debra Palomino PALOMINO LAW FIRM, P.C.

I would suggest you contact Mother and let her know you will withdraw your request and pay the balance monthly or pay her lump sum for payoff. Either way, you can advise the court there is an agreement.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/16, 9:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona