Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arizona

My mother left her house to my sister and I. I have lived in the house for more than 16 years. She wants to sell the house a.s.a.p and I do not. What legal rights do I have?

Asked on 8/25/16, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Hyder Law Office of Scott W. Hyder, PLC

If both of your names are on the title, then your sister can force a sale by filing a partition action in court. The court will then appoint a real estate agent, and the real estate agent will force a sale and pay you 1/2 of the proceeds and your sister 1/2 of the proceeds (after the real estate commission is deducted, etc.)

Read more
Answered on 8/26/16, 6:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arizona