Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arkansas

can I sue a sheriffs dept?

my daughter was molested a year ago by my mothers husband, and the prosecuting attorney has told me that the investigators have screwed up the case so badly there is little chance of a conviction. They executed a search warrant, found items that were described but DIDNOT take them and it gets worse from there. The sheriff himself apologized and acknowledge the screw ups any chance of a conviction rests on a mentally challenged 12 year olds ability to testify. Can I sue them for not doing the minimum expectations of their jobs

Asked on 5/14/09, 7:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Ford Paul N. Ford, J.D.,P.A.

Re: can I sue a sheriffs dept?

In a very broad sense, yes. However, a 1983 lawsuit, that is what lawyers call it, is a very technical and fact specific type of case. Although I have handled several, and am working on one now, I do not feel comfortable telling you that you can maintain such an action without a full knowledge of the facts and doing some legal research on both the facts and the law.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/09, 8:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arkansas