Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

a funeral director owes me a refund of about 600 dollars. Whenever I call, he seems confused as to when it was mailed. He's a fast talker and he runs away with the conversation. I want to sue him in small claims. Can I ask for more than what's owed to me. This is in California

Asked on 3/31/19, 9:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You can ask for whatever you want. What you have any likelihood of winning is what you are owed plus a small amount of interest and direct out of pocket costs of suing, such as filing fees, cost of seeing the compliant, anykorher court fees. That’s about it.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/19, 9:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California