Legal Question in Elder Law in California

What legal options do I have for protecting my elderly mother from possible financial abuse? She lives on social security, and She lives alone. she is 78 yrs, old For the last couple of months, she has asked to borrow money more often. I discovered she has taken out signature loans with excessive interest rates. These loan companies convince her to renew a new loan consistently. She has been diagnosed with the first stages of dementia.

Asked on 8/09/21, 6:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Contact Adult Protective Services in the county she lives in. They are usually part of the DA’s office. Ask them to open an investigation.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/21, 8:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California