Legal Question in Family Law in California

Is there a time limit/or statue of limitation on a MSA (Marriage Separation Agreement) equalization payment ordered by the court?

Asked on 7/29/16, 9:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

More information is needed to better understand your question. If there is been a few years that have passed and you have not yet enforced the terms of the judgment, you can return to court on a motion requesting court relief. If an exceptionally long period has lapsed, then there may be an issue of equity that would make it difficult for you to enforce the orders. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to review the order in question and to get guidance.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/16, 5:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California