Legal Question in Family Law in California

Ex wife states that since there is a lawyer on file in the courts for child support case that she would have to go through the lawyer to stop child support payments. Is this correct? Could she decide to stop collection of child support without the use of a lawyer?

Asked on 5/03/16, 4:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

This answer is largely dependent upon who is collecting the amounts and what the amounts are for. If she's been receiving public assistance or medical assistance through the state, only be the representatives of the county thave control over the perpetuation of those orders. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/16, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California