Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I enter US legally but now my visa expired and I married to a permanent residence. What will I do now? Can I use my SSN to work ,it will not be a problem in the future?

Asked on 9/21/20, 10:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert West Immigration Lawyer Robert West

Its a big problem being out of status. Your wife needs to become a citizen to fix it in the US for you.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/20, 10:33 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Unfortunately, you have no authorization to work, even with a valid SS#. Due to your unlawful presence, you can only adjust status if married to, and petitioned by, a U.S. citizen.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/20, 9:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California