Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Good day! My name is Alex. I'm 16 years old. I'm living in a non-developed (non-EU, non-EFTA country) eastern European country. I'm planning to move to Norway in a year ( when I will be 17 years old) for studying at the high school International Baccalaureate Dimploma Programme. And the most important and difficult, that I have been planning to live alone without legal representatives. I want to rent a house and find work (approximately 20hrs per week). I have checked a lot of resources, including websites of different schools that support the IB program and Norwegian Directorate of Immigration On the UDI website it says, to apply for study residence permit I must have been admitted to an upper secondary school. But on schools' websites it says absolutely different. They say I need to have a residence permit to apply for school attending. I've connected by Email with school representatives, they all say the same thing. But I still don't understand. I'm confused. 6 days ago I've sent the question to UDI about this situation. I still didn't receive the message from them. So now I'm asking for your help. What do you think of it? Is my plan real? What would you advise me to bring my plan to reality? If my plan is not possible, could you, please, advise me on some different ways to move away in my age (before 18). Thank you in advance.

P.S. My country is not in line for selecting the country, so I will put the United States (state California).

Asked on 8/26/20, 2:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I cannot advise you on Norwegian immigration law. You should contact someone licensed to practice law there. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/20, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California