Legal Question in Employment Law in California

Paycheck Deduction

Upon terminating an employee, the employee damaged a computer. Can I deduct the cost of the damages from his paycheck? His paycheck included his salary (up to termination) and a commission check. If not, how can I make him pay for the damages?

Asked on 1/03/01, 6:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Koury Kenneth P. Koury, Esq.

Re: Paycheck Deduction

If you must pay all the wages that are due and you must take the employee to court for the damages to the computer.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/01, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California