Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I have a Personal Injury case from 2013 where I WAS HIT FROM BEHIND, my attorney did file a lawsuit, but he has since step away from the case, I have a Trial Setting Conference on tomorrow I am representing myself so I trying to find out what do I need and should have for it?

Asked on 7/25/16, 6:10 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

A lawyer!

There is almost no way you will be able to successfully try this case to a jury by yourself. I don't know why you lost your lawyer, but you need to get a replacement ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/16, 6:34 pm
Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

When you say your lawyer stepped away, I'll assume he filed a motion to withdraw from further representing you. If that is the case, you should ask the judge to continue the trial date so you can find a new lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/16, 8:13 pm
Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

You should go to court and ask the judge for a couple of months to find a lawyer and bring him/her up to speed. The court might set it out for the end of the year or in 2017. If you want a jury and haven't posted the jury fees, make sure to bring a check with you to post the $150 initial jury fees after the conference. Make sure to tell the judge you want a jury if you do want one.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/16, 8:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California