Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

In suit for emotional distress, should I give opposing counsel access to medical records?

Asked on 7/20/22, 10:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

You're going to have to one way or another. If you don't agree, they will ask for a court order. By putting your mental health at issue, you have opened the door to the defendant exploring your medical records. You can't keep private evidence that relates to claims you have chosen to make.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/22, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California