Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

on return back to work from workerscomp as a truck driver do i get my old route back or what ever is open

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

It depends. If they pay the same, likely whatever is open. If you were MY client, I would remind the employer in writing -- usually twice -- that discriminating against an injured worker because he requested workers comp benefits is a misdemeanor crime under Labor Code 132a and switching routes just because you got hurt would be a violation of 132a, Not certain if a WCAB Judge would agree, but i'd put it out there to 'inspire' the employer to put you back in the old route.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California