Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

I was convicted of a M1 (18-3-204)- in 2012- although i did not commit this crime i did not fight the conviction. Now I am looking for employment and this poses as a problem. My question is can i file a petition to seal my record? What form would i have to file? and is there a statute of limitations on this conviction?

Asked on 12/08/16, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

The statute of limitations does not apply to convictions. It governs when charges have to be brought. Colorado law currently does not provide a way to seal assault convictions unless you were a juvenile when the crime was committed.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/16, 6:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado