Legal Question in Personal Injury in Colorado

I was sexually assaulted by a then underage family member 16 years ago. I am 24 going on 25 now and live in Colorado, is the statute of limitations still open? I want to sue for mental anguish and suffering.

Asked on 5/17/16, 5:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

I'm afraid you are too late. You only had six years from when you turned 18.

There is no limitation on felony criminal charges, so if it was not prosecuted you can still file a police report.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/16, 6:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Colorado