Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Connecticut

I had (have) POA while my mother was sick, and she passed in Nov. without and estate. I went to our bank with the desth certificate as requested to close her account and remove her name from the mortgage, and was informed that I need to obtain conservatorship to have this happen and I don't understand why.

Asked on 3/11/19, 2:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

You do not need a conservatorship. You need to be the estate's administrator. That means you need to probate your mother's estate in probate court. Your POA can be thrown out. It ceased to have any power the moment your mother passed. Please feel free to contact us if you need help probating.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/19, 11:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Connecticut