Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

Good afternoon.

2012 i signed a personal guarantee for my then husband's window company located in NY to get windows from a manufacturer. (line of credit)

2016 We divorced. In the divorce agreement I had my atty add that any debt or profit associated with his company is solely his.

2018 He received a large shipment of windows and did not pay the manufacturer...they sued him, his company and myself

2020 Judgement awarded to plaintiff for 85K, my ex refuses to pay anything, so now it's about to enter collection. I now live in FL, he lives in NY. I don't have assets, but I have a business checking account for my S-Corp from which my employees are paid from through a payroll company. Can this Judgement freeze my business account? Do I need an attorney now or shall I wait to see if the plaintiff gets paid fully by seizing my ex's accounts? Would I need a Florida or New York attorney, and with what specialty?

Asked on 3/05/20, 10:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Yes, they can domesticate the judgment in Florida and seek collection. I handle this type of matter.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/20, 11:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida