Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

About 4 years ago, I was living in okeechobee FL, I was in a really abusive relationship with a guy whos family was clearly affiliated with the cartel. long story short, we ended up getting pulled over and the guy i was dating threatened my childs life if i didnt tell the cops it was my drugs...i took the charges and pled no content in court. the guy i was dating is now dead. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I GET THIS EXPONGED OR WHO DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO? this charge has ruined my entire life i cant even apply for financial aid...

Asked on 9/10/20, 1:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Trabin Lucid Legal, PLLC

Depending on the charges, if adjudication was withheld in this case, you may be eligible to get the case sealed. You can legally deny or fail to acknowledge the arrest in a case that is sealed, just like expunged. Some charges are ineligible to be sealed, regardless of whether there was a withhold. Also if you’ve ever been adjudicated guilty of any other offense you would still be unable to secure a sealing.

If the case is sealed for ten years without any other legal violations then you may be able to get it expunged after the 10 years.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/20, 1:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida