Legal Question in Education Law in Florida

Ok, i was a sucker, but in 2006 i fell for one of these high school diploma scams. i paid $400 for a home school program that claimed to be accredited, then when i applied for college last week, they told me it was a phony. so now i am not only out the $400, but also the $70 to take the GED, plus the time to go to the classes, plus i will have to go through the entire re-application process including all the financial aid, FAFSA, loan apps, and so on. Can i take any legal action to get some of my money back? if so, what kind of lawyer can i talk to? - also, i am not the only one, i know other people who had the same problem with the same school.

Asked on 5/20/10, 7:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

First, consult the Attorney General's office. They have forms for complaints over the internet. Second, it the phony school is collectable, see a consumer lawyer in your area. Want to know the law? Sign up for our free newsletter on varies areas of the law by sending an email to [email protected] and requesting the newsletter, or go to

Read more
Answered on 5/26/10, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Florida