Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Child Custody

Our family is moving back to Tampa, but my wife does not want to come. I have a job there and family to help with the care of or eight month old son. My mother who has been with him from birth and his only babysitter will be babysitting him. My wife does not drive and has no drivers license or a babysitter. She said that she will put the baby in a daycare and continue working for burger king.She has no family to care for the baby in Jupiter, but says that I cannot take the baby to Tampa. I know that the baby will continue to have the same family and stability in Tampa that he has been used to from birth. Please advise me of my rights as a father who belives that it is in th best interesr of my son for him to live with me. I do not want him to be placed in a daycare if it is not necessary. Jupiter has no buses running and I can't explain to her that she will not have transportation to get to work and get the baby to daycare. Please advise? Thank you very mush for your quick reply.

Asked on 4/15/05, 11:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: Child Custody

If the parties cannot come to agreement a court proceeding to determine custody should be brought.

The court will look to the best interests of the child.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/05, 11:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida